07/14/2017 - 8:30 am - 4:30 pm » Columbus
Fire Safety Inspector Continuing Education Course and Ohio Fire Officials Meeting
Columbus Hilton at Easton, Rooms Juniper B & C
Presented by the Aurora, Colorado Fire Department
Instructors: Lieutenant Jeffrey Johnson and Captain Siegfried Klein
In Nov. 2012, voters approved and added to the Colorado Constitution a law legalizing the use and possession of limited amounts of marijuana for anyone ages 21 or older. Colorado provided a system of regulating retail marijuana, including licensure of facilities for cultivation, manufacturing, testing and retail stores. As a result, the Colorado municipalities created a process to permit and oversee retail marijuana establishments beginning in 2014.
Twenty-six states currently have laws legalizing marijuana in some form is for anyone tasked with inspecting these new businesses in order to better understand and prepare for the unique challenges these occupancies present to the fire service.
This 7-hour workshop will address the following:
- Inspections of Marijuana Related Occupancies: A Practical Guide Incorporating the IBC, NEC and NFPA Codes
- Investigative Considerations for the Illegal Manufacture of Butane Hash Oil and Marijuana Grow Operations
To register, download and complete the form attached here…2017_conference_fire_safety_inspector_reg_form
- Speaker: Lieutenant Jeffrey Johnson and Captain Siegfried Klein
- Topic: Inspection of Marijuana Related Occupancies
- Contact: ,
- Sponsor: Ohio Fire Officials Association
- Presented By: Ohio Fire Chiefs